WingSabertoyz

WingSabertoyz

Search Box

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 19, 2010

WING SABER TOYZ SPOTLIGHT:- TRANSFORMERS MASTERFORCE D-312 SIX-KNIGHT! SLICK CUSTOMER!





THE FINAL SIX-CHANGER AUTOBOT! 


Hi there, folks! Welcome to another mini-blog post by yours truly, Adam! Hmm, so-far, I have managed to obtain most of the "Six-Changer" Ninja clan of the Japanese Transformers! Especially most  recently, one of the Grails that I  have  managed to acquire is none other than the CYBERTRON bounty- hunter cum Bushido warrior : C-325 Greatshot!  It seems that the predecessor which filled the wandering/ repentant hero role went to another family / brotherhood member that had supposedly strong ties to both Greatshot and Sixshot. This character was once blinded by hubris in the very beginning of the Transformers : God Masterforce series,  but realised that the true spirit of the  CYBERTRON cause was far more noble and  worthy. The character in mention is the Decepticon turned Cybertron: C-312 Sixknight!
His six modes are awesome by themselves, and differ only sightly from that
 of his Ninja brothers in arms.




========================================================


BACKGROUND: THE GOOD KNIGHT!


The emergence of this chivalrous robot is one of the rarer instances that the primary functions and main body were not bonded by human  intervention.  This is a plus point for me when I evaluate and plan my future purchase of a particular Vintage Transformer character, and Sixknight is no different.  This is a unique toy with an interesting and deep resonance , plus added to the fact that he is one of the last few existing "six-changers" in existence, then it makes him a worth while addition to any collection. 




Super-God Masterforce
Blocky awesomeness.
Blocky awesomeness.
  • Sixknight (Six Changer, 1988)



    • Japanese ID number: C-312
    • Accessories: Left & right "Photon Rifles"
Sixknight is the second Six Changer mold in the Transformers toyline, after Sixshot from the previous year. He transforms from robot mode into a Cybertronic jet, a drill tank, a hovercraft, a puma and a laser pistol, and is armed in all six modes with his two Photon Rifles.
The mold was concurrently released by Hasbro America with a red and green color scheme as "Quickswitch." 
In addition to the totally different paint job, Sixknight also carries the additional distinction of having a chromed silver drill bit. 
=================================================================
THIS IS THE SUPERIOR TOY VERSION!
Picture of Sixknight above linked to this site:- 
Aside from  the colour differences, Hasbro's version  in the form of the after-mentioned "Quickswitch" did not feature in any of the Animated series in the southern hemisphere, if memory serves me correctly.  *Goes and checks out Transformers Wiki!* Yup! It's confirmed that he was sanctioned by Hasbro in the later part of the franchise and limited to only appear once in his own toy commercial. Man, that kinda sucks, to be honest.   Somehow,  the slimy green and red color combination doesn't work its charms on the toy. a real color mismatch made even more redundant by the fact that his drill is not awesomely covered in chrome!
 Bad Hasbro! LOL!  For me, this is a definite pass, however cheap and abundant he is on the internet. I want CHARACTER, dammit!
===========================================================
PATIENCE, MY YOUNG APPRENTICE! 
The bottom line is simple, folks. since I scribbled this version on my "Holy Grail" list of toys to get before I kick the bucket.....it is really tempting to just cough up the money for him right this moment, as I am pining and blogging on this post.  there will be another time and place  to grasp it in my grubby hands. for now, this will have to wait,  hopefully not for much longer!  It took me a good EIGHT months and one missed opportunity to obtain my Greatshot , so it's not a big deal that I will have to bite my tongue and bide my time . I  WSX declare that : "SIXKNIGHT SHALL BE MINE!!" MUHAHAHAHA! AHEM*
====================================================================
FINAL MUSINGS:- 
A FRIEND OF MINE THAT I MET IN THIS COLLECTING BUSINESS ONE SAID:-  
"A wise collector once told me that it's not difficult to complete G1 and all the Jap exclusives, if you just throw money at it and claw whatever you can find back at whatever price. The true skill is in being patient and buying stuff for good prices." --- Well, bro if you are reading this blog-post, I couldn't have said it better myself!  Bought, if only I had a really deep pocket! Sigh! A+
Sixknight, Quickswitch, copyright Takara & Hasbro Inc, 1989. 

Popular Posts

 
Design by ThemeShift | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Free Blogger Templates | Best Web Hosting